One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the urinary bladder. It is often caused by infection and is usually accompanied by frequent painful urination.
- ‘Mild bacterial infections such as cystitis will usually go away on their own, in 2-4 days.’
- ‘A typical attack of cystitis can be painful, but usually clears up after a few days without causing long-term problems.’
- ‘For cystitis and urine infections, antibiotics such as trimethoprim or ciprofloxacin are good; both will treat most cases of urine infection within a couple of days.’
- ‘Mild infections may cause urethral discomfort and dysuria without discharge and may be confused with cystitis.’
- ‘No organism was identified in this patient, but she had cystitis without evidence of ascending infection.’
- ‘Symptoms referable to cystitis may also be caused by urethritis or vaginitis.’
- ‘In general, treatment of pregnant patients with acute cystitis is initiated before the results of the culture are available.’
- ‘A three-day regimen of a fluoroquinolone is also acceptable treatment for uncomplicated cystitis.’
- ‘These can also be symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or cystitis, which is much more common in young women than kidney stones.’
- ‘Interstitial cystitis is a painful bladder condition that may be aggravated by acidic foods and beverages like coffee, orange juice or tomato sauce.’
- ‘Cytoxan can cause an inflammation in your urinary bladder called cystitis.’
- ‘Urinary urgency occurs as a result of trigonal or posterior urethral irritation caused by inflammation, stones, or tumor and is common with cystitis.’
- ‘If you have repeated infections, you may need tests to see whether there is an underlying problem such as damage to your bladder, or whether you are simply prone to cystitis.’
- ‘The most typical symptom of interstitial cystitis is pelvic pain.’
- ‘Cranberry juice is recommended by doctors to help in the treatment of chronic urinary infections and cystitis.’
- ‘Cystitis or interstitial cystitis cause pain as the bladder fills.’
- ‘Hematuria may be present in patients with cystitis and pyelonephritis.’
- ‘Antibiotics are used in the treatment of cystitis.’
- ‘Eventually she developed cystitis and vaginitis and was forced to consult a doctor.’
- ‘Uterine prolapse is associated with incontinence, vaginitis, cystitis and, possibly, uterine malignancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.