One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the urinary bladder. It is often caused by infection and is usually accompanied by frequent painful urination.
- ‘Symptoms referable to cystitis may also be caused by urethritis or vaginitis.’
- ‘Mild infections may cause urethral discomfort and dysuria without discharge and may be confused with cystitis.’
- ‘If you have repeated infections, you may need tests to see whether there is an underlying problem such as damage to your bladder, or whether you are simply prone to cystitis.’
- ‘These can also be symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or cystitis, which is much more common in young women than kidney stones.’
- ‘Cytoxan can cause an inflammation in your urinary bladder called cystitis.’
- ‘Cranberry juice is recommended by doctors to help in the treatment of chronic urinary infections and cystitis.’
- ‘Mild bacterial infections such as cystitis will usually go away on their own, in 2-4 days.’
- ‘Hematuria may be present in patients with cystitis and pyelonephritis.’
- ‘Interstitial cystitis is a painful bladder condition that may be aggravated by acidic foods and beverages like coffee, orange juice or tomato sauce.’
- ‘A typical attack of cystitis can be painful, but usually clears up after a few days without causing long-term problems.’
- ‘In general, treatment of pregnant patients with acute cystitis is initiated before the results of the culture are available.’
- ‘Uterine prolapse is associated with incontinence, vaginitis, cystitis and, possibly, uterine malignancy.’
- ‘Cystitis or interstitial cystitis cause pain as the bladder fills.’
- ‘The most typical symptom of interstitial cystitis is pelvic pain.’
- ‘A three-day regimen of a fluoroquinolone is also acceptable treatment for uncomplicated cystitis.’
- ‘Eventually she developed cystitis and vaginitis and was forced to consult a doctor.’
- ‘Antibiotics are used in the treatment of cystitis.’
- ‘Urinary urgency occurs as a result of trigonal or posterior urethral irritation caused by inflammation, stones, or tumor and is common with cystitis.’
- ‘For cystitis and urine infections, antibiotics such as trimethoprim or ciprofloxacin are good; both will treat most cases of urine infection within a couple of days.’
- ‘No organism was identified in this patient, but she had cystitis without evidence of ascending infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.