One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this piece, the artist shone light up through a cylindrically shaped, color-effect filter to create a kind of overhead eyeball with a shimmering, dark purple iris.’
- ‘Three cylindrically shaped fragments of breast tissue were obtained.’
- ‘The calculations are used on objects which are cylindrically symmetric.’
- ‘Cylindrically curved slopes successively inner-reflect illumination light.’
- ‘Microtubules are long cylindrically shaped protein filaments that are able to give mechanical strength to a living cell.’
- ‘Screw a drum (cylindrically shaped metal piece) in where the touchhole used to be.’
- ‘This cylindrically shaped tool with a tapered section on both ends is used to expand the mouth of brass cases by hand.’
- ‘Similar to limestone stalactites, there are two forms, hollow cylindrically shaped soda straws, and the cone shaped drip pendants.’
- ‘It was a complex network of narrow tunnels that broke out into vast, high-ceilinged chambers with the sides curved cylindrically like the hull of a ship.’
- ‘The clay that goes into making this cylindrically oval vessel is found only on the beds of tanks in Adilabad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.