Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cycloalkane
- ‘The contents of cycloparaffins were calculated gravimetrically in each separated fraction and also analyzed by mass spectrometry methods.’
- ‘These fuels contain paraffins, cycloparaffins, aromatics, and olefins.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment of the process of the present invention, the cycloparaffin is cyclohexane or cyclododecane.’
- ‘Hydrocarbons are divided into groups of which those of especial interest to geologists are the paraffin, cycloparaffin and aromatic groups.’
- ‘Paraffins are the second most common component found in petroleum, after cycloparaffins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.