One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ships are fitted with two independent Voith Schneider 18GH cycloidal propellers, which provide propulsion and steering in cruising and minehunting modes, and two twin tube bow thrusters.’
- ‘Desargues proposed cycloidal teeth for gear wheels in the 1630's.’
- ‘Our arch is a cycloidal arch, inspired by the one in Kahn's Kimbell Museum.’
- ‘He also worked on cycloidal pendulums, the laws of resistance in a fluid and differential geometry.’
- ‘Huygens believed that a pendulum swinging in a large are would be more useful at sea and he invented the cycloidal pendulum with this in mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.