One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Undergo or cause to undergo a reaction in which one part of a molecule becomes linked to another to form a closed ring.no object ‘some derivatives may cyclize spontaneously’with object ‘ACV is cyclized to give isopenicillin N’
- ‘Subsequently, 8'-hydroxyABA cyclizes to form phaseic acid which may be further reduced to dihydrophaseic acid in some tissues.’
- ‘The biradical can revert to the starting material, cyclize to give a cyclobutanol derivative, or in our case, fragment to an alkene and an enol component.’
- ‘The semialdehyde cyclizes spontaneously to Dpyrroline - 5-carboxylate which is then reduced to proline by an NADPH-dependent reductase.’
- ‘Quantitation of the ligation efficiencies shows that 13% of the 40-mer cyclized, but 82% of the 42-mer cyclized.’
- ‘These extensions, called cohesive ends, are complementary and enable the chromosome to cyclize in an infected cell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.