One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Marketing decisions are critical to profitability due to the variability of prices monthly, annually, and cyclically.’
- ‘In women, many hormones in the blood and urine are cyclically altered under the influence of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.’
- ‘We all lose hair cyclically, but we don't usually notice because the shedding phase for individual hairs varies, so while some are shedding, others are growing.’
- ‘The gypsy moth is a notorious pest that feeds on birches and other deciduous trees, and outbreaks of this pest occur cyclically across large regions of Japan.’
- ‘REM sleep occurs cyclically every 90 minutes during the night in association with high brain activity, rapid spontaneous eye movements and suppressed voluntary motor activity.’
- ‘Global warming is something that the planet goes through cyclically, along with global cooling.’
- ‘The orientation of the vesicular cavities varies cyclically.’
- ‘People first worshipped the earth and the sun because they were the magical entities which cyclically provided for their needs.’
- ‘Over a five-year period, currencies tend to move cyclically.’
- ‘His great genius was to see the global scope, and indefinite time scale, of the mechanisms of change operating cyclically on earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.