One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The repeated use of electronic communications to harass or frighten someone, for example by sending threatening emails.
- ‘Like Card, I responded legally, by pointing out to him that his actions could be construed as a form of cyberstalking, which is illegal in Michigan.’
- ‘The selections this week include reflections on the Meath bus crash, Conor Lenihan as a kebab chef, a Star Wars horoscope, cyberstalking, and deranged art.’
- ‘Finally, the motivations behind corporate cyberstalking incidents can be very different to those commonly associated with offline stalking and cyberstalking.’
- ‘In discussing British and American legislation related to stalking and cyberstalking, for example, Bocij considers the concept of a test of reasonableness.’
- ‘Victims of power/control crimes such as cyberstalking often use the Internet to locate web sites that offer help and support.’
- ‘It is also worth noting that there has been no research indicating that sexually related Internet crimes such as cyberstalking are addictive.’
- ‘Next, efforts were made to locate examples of reactive stalking, especially in relation to cyberstalking.’
- ‘However, the methods used to pursue victims are likely to be limited because they lack the knowledge and experience of victims of cyberstalking and stalking.’
- ‘Such a process would have occurred naturally, as a consequence of the board's membership being made up almost exclusively of victims of stalking and cyberstalking.’
- ‘Yesterday, he pleaded guilty to two counts of cyberstalking in an agreement with federal prosecutors, AP reports.’
- ‘Then there's identity theft and cyberstalking, both of which are significantly simplified by online access to public records.’
- ‘The situation is more pronounced in the area of cyberstalking, where even the most basic information is lacking and where relatively little research is taking place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.