One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moth caterpillar that lives in the upper layers of the soil and eats through the stems of young plants at ground level.
Several species in the family Noctuidae, in particular the large yellow underwing (see yellow underwing)
- ‘Watch specifically for cutworms, flea beetles and leaf miners.’
- ‘Many garden pests are carabid food: cutworms, codling moth larvae, tent caterpillars, slugs, snails and cankerworms to name a few.’
- ‘The army cutworm spends the winter as a partially grown larvae and usually is a threat to wheat and alfalfa at and shortly after these crops break dormancy.’
- ‘Cutworm problems are generally associated with the black cutworm, which is an annual migrant from the south.’
- ‘The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.