Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in a video game) a scene that develops the storyline and is often shown on completion of a certain level, or when the player's character dies.‘between every few missions there's a lengthy cutscene which fills in the gaps in the story’
- ‘With a much more rounded cast of talking characters, the cutscenes now have more drive to them than the original and are pretty darn cool to watch.’
- ‘Large and detailed, the main characters are beautifully drawn, whether it's a cutscene or actual gameplay.’
- ‘The cutscenes that introduce the storyline are stiff and really don't immerse you into the world that is being portrayed.’
- ‘There are beautiful cinematic cutscenes and the character animations are well done.’
- ‘When a new cutscene starts, the player just wants to skip them to get back to the game, not sit back for half an hour.’
- ‘Sometimes these activities involve keys and consoles, other times it's simply a matter of coming across a set point in the level that triggers a cutscene, allowing the characters and story to move forward.’
- ‘A large amount of the cutscenes, close-ups and 3D models of main characters have a very obvious anime influence.’
- ‘All cutscenes are real-time and benefit from commendable direction and camerawork.’
- ‘Some of this also extends over to cutscenes, where characters typically move with a natural gait and rhythm.’
- ‘The cutscenes have been completely re-done and look fantastic, with some good comic characterisation in the animation.’
- ‘Apart from a few cutscenes, he really only interacts with the character via voicemail or text message, and never actually steps into the ring.’
- ‘Instead, the cutscenes are handled through the actions and expressions of the characters.’
- ‘The opening cutscene is indication enough that graphics aren't the game's strong point.’
- ‘The speech occasionally stutters, and skipping a cutscene will bring you to a load screen while the data streams.’
- ‘The game employs a mixture of comic-style cutscenes and CGI throughout the adventure.’
- ‘Levels and characters are combined into lengthy cutscenes that play out well and help to maintain the overall humorous feel of the game.’
- ‘Some of the cutscenes are long, filled with lots of background information and dialogue but if you skip them you'll miss some of the fun.’
- ‘Most of the cutscenes are handled with the in-game engine but character movements are often jerky.’
- ‘Considering that you won't necessarily see exactly what these items are unless you get a cutscene for that player, there really is no point in buying these unless you're a fashion freak.’
- ‘A weak point in the game's graphics comes in its cutscenes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.