One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of the same nature; similar.‘don't assume all women are cut from the same cloth’
identical, similar, alike, the same, exactly the same, indistinguishable, uniform, twin, undifferentiated, homogeneous, of a piece, cut from the same clothView synonyms
- ‘And that's like saying all people who got out there on a rampage and murder others are cut from the same cloth and think the same.’
- ‘These actions are all cut from the same cloth: cover-ups and secrecy to hide lies and dishonorable acts, all backed by force and disregard for the law.’
- ‘The Trust Me formula is basically cut from the same cloth as Big Brother - it's a psychological test which places greater emphasis on one's cunning ability to play the system than a passion for general knowledge.’
- ‘Progressive taxation is not cut from the same cloth as those forms of collective action that raise the standards of wealth and happiness for all, which is what the state tries to do by supplying certain standard public’
- ‘Not exactly cut from the same cloth as a lot of New York's house elite, he has a certain modesty and constant humility that allows the music to say everything that needs to be said.’
- ‘Even when they aren't the same person, chief financial officers, thieves, and masters of the short con are cut from the same cloth: the cloth of humanity.’
- ‘Just as childhood pets teach us empathy for another's suffering, vicarious experience lets us in on one of the best-kept secrets of human existence: we are all cut from the same cloth.’
- ‘We are cut from the same cloth and while historically we haven't been branded as equals, that known gap between us is closing.’
- ‘They'll also remember him as a warrior cut from the same cloth as Ed Abbey and David Brower: a fighter who turned the tables on stronger adversaries.’
- ‘They were, in many respects, cut from the same cloth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.