One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make an agreement.‘he had gone to the board of directors with his new robot design and cut a deal’
- ‘Dialogue with both countries to cut a deal will commence in secret (although what this will accomplish is still unknown).’
- ‘Rock band U2 has cut a deal with Apple Computer to sell custom iPods promoting the band's forthcoming album.’
- ‘All sides are trying to cut a deal.’
- ‘Two sides have cut a deal to attack and destroy the third.’
- ‘A lot of the time the lawyers have to cut a deal because their evidence isn't good enough or can't be admitted for some seemingly spurious legal reason.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.