One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make an agreement.‘he had gone to the board of directors with his new robot design and cut a deal’
- ‘A lot of the time the lawyers have to cut a deal because their evidence isn't good enough or can't be admitted for some seemingly spurious legal reason.’
- ‘Two sides have cut a deal to attack and destroy the third.’
- ‘Dialogue with both countries to cut a deal will commence in secret (although what this will accomplish is still unknown).’
- ‘Rock band U2 has cut a deal with Apple Computer to sell custom iPods promoting the band's forthcoming album.’
- ‘All sides are trying to cut a deal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.