One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small gregarious mongoose with a dark brown coat and a long mobile snout, native to West Africa.
- ‘Young cusimanses are born following an eight week gestation period.’
- ‘Some experts now divide this large, diverse family into two, with the mongoose, meerkat and cusimanse in the Herpestidae Family.’
- ‘Most of the information available on the cusimanse derives from observation in captivity, and very few field studies have been conducted.’
- ‘Most of the information known about the cusimanse has been gathered from data of animals in captivity.’
- ‘The cusimanse was found dead in its hospital cage on February 20 (NZP, Medical Record, Accession #110332).’
- ‘They live in the same enclosure as our colobus monkeys with their delightful baby, Ebony, together with our Diana monkeys and some cusimanses.’
Mid 19th century: probably a local word in West Africa.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.