A ring, typically one of brass or wood, used to fasten a curtain to a rail or rod.
- ‘Simon loves to play with plastic drinking straws as well as shower curtain rings.’
- ‘Don't forget to purchase some shower curtain rings, if you don't already have some.’
- ‘Milan heard the clinking noise of the curtain rings on their rail and the sunlight flooded in.’
- ‘And to clean brass curtain rings, soak them in a hot water and vinegar solution, then buff dry.’
- ‘For instance, lengths of ball chain from the hardware store can be used to make curtain rings that glide easily along the rod.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.