One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ring, typically one of brass or wood, used to fasten a curtain to a rail or rod.
- ‘Don't forget to purchase some shower curtain rings, if you don't already have some.’
- ‘And to clean brass curtain rings, soak them in a hot water and vinegar solution, then buff dry.’
- ‘For instance, lengths of ball chain from the hardware store can be used to make curtain rings that glide easily along the rod.’
- ‘Simon loves to play with plastic drinking straws as well as shower curtain rings.’
- ‘Milan heard the clinking noise of the curtain rings on their rail and the sunlight flooded in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.