Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ring, typically one of brass or wood, used to fasten a curtain to a rail or rod.
- ‘Milan heard the clinking noise of the curtain rings on their rail and the sunlight flooded in.’
- ‘Simon loves to play with plastic drinking straws as well as shower curtain rings.’
- ‘And to clean brass curtain rings, soak them in a hot water and vinegar solution, then buff dry.’
- ‘Don't forget to purchase some shower curtain rings, if you don't already have some.’
- ‘For instance, lengths of ball chain from the hardware store can be used to make curtain rings that glide easily along the rod.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.