One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of electric current flowing per unit cross-sectional area of a material.
- ‘‘In certain applications that require high current densities, conductive adhesives still do not measure up to metallic solders,’ he noted.’
- ‘Scientists later discovered that small, nanoscale defects are required to maintain high current densities in superconductors, particularly in the presence of high magnetic fields.’
- ‘By modulating the current density during electrochemical etch, one can generate a complicated porosity gradient in the film.’
- ‘When a patient's musculature is covered with a thick layer of adipose tissue, impedance increases, requiring a larger dispersive pad surface area to disperse the current density and complete the circuit to the generator.’
- ‘Electromigration is the drift of metal atoms when the conductor carries high current densities, which can create voids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.