One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of tomato with tiny fruits, native to the Andes.
Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium, family Solanaceae
- ‘We often have lush orange beefsteaks, orange cherry tomatoes and occasionally tiny orange currant tomatoes.’
- ‘Berry-sized currant tomatoes are a brighter red than most other varieties and are small juicy treats to eat.’
- ‘The currant tomatoes are repotted now and have been moved to a sunny (or it will be when the rain stops) spot on the front windowsill.’
- ‘The first tomato on the outside plants has turned red; some of the tiny currant tomatoes in the greenhouse are also ripening.’
- ‘The tomato comes in a wide range of sizes, from tiny currant tomatoes no bigger than blueberries to fat beefsteaks up to 5 inches in diameter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.