One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for brace (sense 4 of the noun)
- ‘Instructions/tool-tips on how to use the template are surrounded by curly brackets again to distinguish them from characters that people are actually likely to utilise in the course of their annotations.’
- ‘The word ‘inaudible’ began to appear in curly brackets.’
- ‘Kinds of brackets include: round brackets, parentheses; square brackets, brackets; brace brackets or less formally curly brackets; and angle brackets.’
- ‘Style sheets might as well consist of curly brackets.’
- ‘The numbers in the curly brackets signify that after taking the last coin the left-hand player will have no spare moves left, and likewise for the right-hand player.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.