One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Curia, the papal court at the Vatican.‘cardinals who hold Curial offices’
- ‘The workings of the Vatican essentially cease, until a new Pope makes his own appointments, or confirms the current occupants of various Curial posts.’
- ‘Though the bishops had vetoed the Curial documents, what would they produce in their stead?’
- ‘What we're going to see is first a gathering of the general congregation of cardinals, those cardinals who are currently in Rome, the Curial cardinals.’
- ‘Curial officials insist that the health of the head of the Catholic Church is holding up and there's no cause for concern.’
- ‘Then a struggle ensued between the Curial bureaucracy and the non-bureaucrats, so to speak, on the revision of the documents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.