One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A roof of which each face has two slopes, the lower one steeper than the upper.
- ‘The building is covered with a curb roof, which is rarely seen in the town surroundings.’
- ‘Wooden joists and rafters are very common structural features in small homes and houses with curb roofs.’
- ‘They also worked on the flood trough, installed the curb roof and framed the wall around door 117.’
- ‘The dwelling is divided into a two-floor, seven-axle, plastered main body of a building with a central entrance, a flight of outdoor stairs made of quarry stones and a curb roof.’
- ‘The verticality suggested by the doubled pillars and the curb roof in three levels is counterbalanced by the solving of the framing of the ground floor with horizontal belts.’
- 1.1British A mansard roof.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.