One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for dropped kerb
- ‘But being born in 1942 long before disability acts, equal access laws, and curb cuts, he never attended school.’
- ‘It's much like when wheelchair considerations paid for curb cuts but soon 99 percent of their use was for things that would never have paid their way - baby carriages, skateboards, wheeled suitcases, bicycles, and so on.’
- ‘Take the curb cut, those dips in sidewalks created for people using wheelchairs.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the front sidewalks are uninterrupted by driveway curb cuts, enhancing the pedestrian environment and making the houses look placed in a garden.’
- ‘A federal judge ruled that private parties could sue an Ohio city for the discriminatory impact of its failure to create curb cuts in its sidewalks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.