One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The office of a curate, or the tenure of this.‘he served his curacy in Northampton’
- ‘That of 7 June 1789 may be the first Malthus delivered as ordained deacon licensed to the curacy of Okewood Chapel; the second was read shortly thereafter.’
- ‘Jane's mother was disowned because she married beneath her class, and after a year of marriage both parents caught the typhus fever in the curacy where Jane's father worked.’
- ‘He did however spend two years in study at Oxford in Magdalen College and had the prospect of a curacy in Buckinghamshire.’
- ‘And unlike Herbert his ministry was a long one: curacies in Chirk and Hanmer.’
- ‘She will return to complete her three year curacy (assistant to a training vicar), before having to look for a parish of her own to lead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.