One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier A complex ion, Cu(NH₃)₄²⁺, formed in solution when ammonia is added to copper salts. The solution is deep blue and is used to dissolve cellulose.
- ‘By contrast, the cuprammonium rayon fibers are made from cotton linters as main raw material.’
- ‘The two most commonly used production methods for rayon are the cuprammonium process and the viscose process.’
- ‘This paper deals with the preparation and characterization of keratin/cellulose films prepared by coagulating polymers blends from cuprammonium solution.’
- ‘This fiber, which was developed by a group of British scientists only a year after the cuprammonium type was first created, involves treating the cellulose with sodium hydroxide followed by carbon disulfide to create cellulose xanthate.’
- ‘If ammonia is added to a copper compound then a deep blue solution called cuprammonium hydroxide is formed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.