One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Chinese medicine) a therapy in which heated glass cups are applied to the skin along the meridians of the body, creating suction and believed to stimulate the flow of energy.
- ‘Another very effective cupping method is the one used in India.’
- ‘Physical manipulation included cupping, which was believed to reduce congestion and restore blood flow.’
- ‘For best result, cupping may be applied with acupuncture for these two points.’
- ‘In classes we had to make pills, suppositories, and powders, and recognize cupping and leech glasses!’
- ‘The therapeutic applications of cupping have been documented through several thousand years of clinical experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.