One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Chinese medicine) a therapy in which heated glass cups are applied to the skin along the meridians of the body, creating suction and believed to stimulate the flow of energy.
- ‘Physical manipulation included cupping, which was believed to reduce congestion and restore blood flow.’
- ‘In classes we had to make pills, suppositories, and powders, and recognize cupping and leech glasses!’
- ‘For best result, cupping may be applied with acupuncture for these two points.’
- ‘The therapeutic applications of cupping have been documented through several thousand years of clinical experience.’
- ‘Another very effective cupping method is the one used in India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.