One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No doubt the high silver content of Mendip lead was an important factor in its early exploitation, but we have no means of assessing either the total output of lead or of the amount of silver extracted from it by cupellation.’
- ‘The precious metals assay by cupellation is the most ancient and most used method for the analysis of precious metals.’
- ‘During cupellation, osmium and ruthenium are partly volatilised and iridium is partly absorbed by the cupel.’
- ‘The lead alloy was then separated into its component metals by cupellation.’
- ‘In cupellation the lead button is again heated in a furnace at 960°C to 1000°C, but this time in a bone ash cup or cupel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.