One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bakery that specializes in cupcakes.‘we both have a sweet tooth so we make a habit of stopping in local cupcakeries to check them out’
- ‘This option only works if you have a dedicated kitchen for your cupcakery or your state allows the sale of items baked in a home kitchen.’
- ‘The problem is that in the yuppie-under-40 set, there are no other desserts – just a constant weighing and comparing and blogging about the nation's cupcakeries, as if they were the Goldberg Variations.’
- ‘If Time Out announces a Portuguese saltfish bake-off, or the opening of an organic cinnamon cupcakery, we're there.’
- ‘So excited to have a cupcakery in the neighborhood!’
- ‘Plenty of cupcakeries have popped up over the last few years.’
- ‘I think they have a bit of an advantage to the big cupcakeries since they are smaller and bake everything fresh and in small quantities.’
- ‘Opened in 2007, The Flying Cupcake was Indiana's first cupcakery.’
- ‘The cupcakery now does home delivery in Seattle for a $15 fee, with a minimum of a dozen cupcakes.’
- ‘They have ice cream, shakes, cupcakes and so much other things that it shouldn't even be called a "cupcakery".’
- ‘We only have ourselves and our sweet tooths to blame for the eternal life of cupcakeries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.