One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small brightly coloured solitary coral with tentacles that end in small knobs, sometimes found in colder seas.
- ‘There are writhing carpets of brittle stars, as well as patches with the occasional cup coral and dead man's finger.’
- ‘With clever camouflage techniques, golden wentletraps and their eggs are almost invisible against the cup coral host.’
- ‘We found a lovely archway with a large swim-through completely covered in orange cup coral.’
- ‘We found boxer crabs (they are still there!) and blue ring octopus at Siladen, cup coral snails at Manado Tua, and ghost pipefish near the famous giant clams at Fukui.’
- ‘He was kind enough to identify many of them for me, and in the process informed me that I had a nice shot of a scarlet and gold cup coral.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.