Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An error that increases with the size of the sample revealing it.
- ‘This updating process is continuous throughout movement and is believed to be more accurate over short distances than long distances and subject to cumulative error over longer distances.’
- ‘Thus, this procedure helps determine how many and which groups are different from each other while minimizing the cumulative error rate.’
- ‘Human error and cumulative errors are greatly reduced compared with tape measured layouts.’
- ‘If errors continue to be serially correlated, the cumulative error will grow over time.’
- ‘Vertical atmospheric profiles, aerosol parameters, ozone content, surface reflectance and solar angle uncertainties also contribute different and cumulative errors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.