One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An error that increases with the size of the sample revealing it.
- ‘Thus, this procedure helps determine how many and which groups are different from each other while minimizing the cumulative error rate.’
- ‘Human error and cumulative errors are greatly reduced compared with tape measured layouts.’
- ‘Vertical atmospheric profiles, aerosol parameters, ozone content, surface reflectance and solar angle uncertainties also contribute different and cumulative errors.’
- ‘If errors continue to be serially correlated, the cumulative error will grow over time.’
- ‘This updating process is continuous throughout movement and is believed to be more accurate over short distances than long distances and subject to cumulative error over longer distances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.