One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An error that increases with the size of the sample revealing it.
- ‘Thus, this procedure helps determine how many and which groups are different from each other while minimizing the cumulative error rate.’
- ‘Vertical atmospheric profiles, aerosol parameters, ozone content, surface reflectance and solar angle uncertainties also contribute different and cumulative errors.’
- ‘Human error and cumulative errors are greatly reduced compared with tape measured layouts.’
- ‘This updating process is continuous throughout movement and is believed to be more accurate over short distances than long distances and subject to cumulative error over longer distances.’
- ‘If errors continue to be serially correlated, the cumulative error will grow over time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.