One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After that date the researcher is forced to rely on APAIS, the acronym for Australian Public Affairs Information Service, published by the National Library from 1945, in annual cumulations since 1955, and in electronic form back to 1978.’
- ‘Finally, the development of fail-safe statistics will assist in determining when knowledge cumulation should take a well-deserved rest, that an obtained result will not easily be overturned.’
- ‘Social forces are the cumulation and summation of the interrelated actions of individuals.’
- ‘Science consists in the cumulation of small advances built on previous small advances, all in the service of testing a larger theory - so that the whole becomes a good deal greater than the sum of its parts.’
- ‘Indeed, it is impossible to tell whether any scientific progress - defined as a cumulation of theories moving ever closer to the Truth - is occurring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.