One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not a small part of this new cumbrousness is due to the loss of distinctions between words, the misuse of words, and other abuses of language.’
- ‘Over time, its descendants became ever more adept at swimming and paid for their aquatic prowess with increasing cumbrousness on land.’
- ‘We want to be lifted above the cumbrousness of the mortal body - above the pains of the mortal body - above the death of the mortal body.’
- ‘The higher self craves freedom from the cumbrousness, the limitations, the pains and disabilities of the body.’
- ‘In them the movement is, as a rule, only swift when compared with the normal pace of armies, and the cumbrousness and elaboration of the military machine lessen the feeling of personal adventure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.