One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So one kind of knew what to expect from this cumbrously titled opus.’
- ‘Slowly and cumbrously it made its way along the line until it reached the end of the section at Attack Creek.’
- ‘He moves softly and cumbrously, not unlike a bear who has been taught to walk upright.’
- ‘‘Numerals, in the rare cases in which they appear at all, are cumbrously written out or, in late times, expressed in Roman style.’’
- ‘The first thing I noticed on the drive up was the full buttery moon cumbrously suspended over the Manhattan skyline, pregnant with hope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.