One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the English county of Cumbria.‘the fells and lakes that make up the Cumbrian landscape’
- ‘Around three inches of snow covered the Cumbrian fells yesterday, causing chaos on the roads.’
- ‘His work is a unique record of Cumbrian life and work in the mid 1900s.’
- ‘The first section takes place in a small Cumbrian village in the 14th century.’
- ‘It is not clear how many Cumbrian businesses will be affected by the new rules.’
- ‘It would be interesting to know who these people are who make this decision, I bet not many of them are Cumbrian.’
An inhabitant of the English county of Cumbria.‘the Cumbrians knocked them out of the competition’
- ‘A regular clarion call is that the tourist industry provides jobs for Cumbrians and it does.’
- ‘When the challenges had to be faced, the Cumbrians showed a great capacity to work together to look for solutions.’
- ‘The Ulverston runner competed in the Under-20 men's race and was the first Cumbrian home and delighted with his 21st placing.’
- ‘Cumbrians will be asked to choose between two options for local government.’
- ‘The Cumbrian is officially the oldest professional boxer in the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.