One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of share purchases) with a dividend about to be paid.
- ‘(When the stock is trading with the dividend the term cum dividend is used).’
- ‘Because the oldest problem that has arisen, and the one that is repeatedly referred to in the cases on section 260, is a transfer of shares cum dividend.’
- ‘Well, sales of shares cum dividend, and sales of shares ex dividend take place every day.’
- ‘There is a reference there to the valuations being valuations of the shares cum dividend.’
- ‘Obviously not all sales of shares, even if cum dividend, are in the nature of dividend stripping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.