One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is very interested in the arts.‘there's more than enough to satisfy the thousands of culture vultures who will descend on the Scottish capital’
- ‘That was enough of the culture vulture for a while.’
- ‘If you are a budding culture vulture, the upcoming Edinburgh Festival will provide a uniquely atmospheric day.’
- ‘For this land is a culture vulture's dream - small wonder it attracts so many of the cognoscenti.’
- ‘She has started to spread her wings and is fast becoming something of a culture vulture.’
- ‘If you are a culture vulture who wants to swoop through the locality seeking sites of historical interest then you won't be disappointed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.