Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The existence of a variety of cultural or ethnic groups within a society.‘cultural diversity has increased, exposing kids to new tastes and experiences’
- ‘He does admit to missing the cultural diversity found in Cleveland but says Columbus is quickly becoming more cosmopolitan.’
- ‘He is committed to the celebration of cultural diversity and to the creation of new live performance works which are both challenging and accessible.’
- ‘Since attitudes to money vary across different cultures, the programme also explores issues around cultural diversity and tackling financial exclusion and inequality.’
- ‘Nearly a third of Tucson's 900,000 metro residents were born in Mexico, giving the city significant cultural diversity.’
- ‘Top management's support and genuine commitment to cultural diversity is crucial.’
- ‘Human potential is dependent upon cultural diversity for its realization; human beings blossom only in the context of other humans.’
- ‘Cheesy though it sounds, it really is about celebrating cultural diversity while working together towards a common goal.’
- ‘It's an organisation whose primary aim is to promote cultural diversity in the arts.’
- ‘Many who teach college courses have embraced cultural diversity and the promise of a more inclusive curriculum.’
- ‘South African artists should indeed celebrate their national spirit and alluring cultural diversity.’
- ‘Kathmandu is a city of remarkable cultural diversity and vitality.’
- ‘The slow food movement seeks to preserve the cultural diversity of food and the biodiversity of the landscapes that produce it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.