One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An embassy official whose function is to promote cultural relations between their own country and the one to which they are accredited.
- ‘Assassinations included the British cultural attaché in Athens, the British deputy high commissioner in Bombay and a Jordanian diplomat in Ankara.’
- ‘Among the guests at the event was the business and cultural attaché for the Embassy, who is keen to develop links with all the communities.’
- ‘Speaking about the event, the cultural attaché of the French Embassy says: ‘We have invited people over to experience the magic of the Centre Court where the matches are being played in Paris.’’
- ‘In 1951, while he was serving as the cultural attaché at the Polish embassy in Paris, he defected.’
- ‘In 1951, he was in Paris, on duty as a Polish cultural attaché following elite assignments in the United States at the consulate in New York and embassy in Washington.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.