One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of anthropology concerned with the study of human societies and cultures and their development.‘he studied cultural anthropology at Cornell’
- ‘The author stresses that he derived his approach from three different fields of study: cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology and popular music studies.’
- ‘Interdisciplinary study and split majors are offered in world dance and music, cultural anthropology, cross-cultural study and art therapies.’
- ‘Homer is a big subject, and Schmidt devotes three chapters to biographical speculation, literary analysis and cultural anthropology.’
- ‘She received a PhD. in anthropology from Columbia University, where she was trained by Franz Boas, a pioneer in cultural anthropology.’
- ‘Yet the ethnographisation of anthropology and the dominance of a relativised cultural anthropology have moved the subject away from dealing with such issues.’
- ‘Taking a biosocial perspective on human reproduction, we examine contributions from biological and cultural anthropology concerning men's reproductive health.’
- ‘For more than half a century now, Wallace's work in the fields of cultural anthropology and American history has been influential for many scholars.’
- ‘Today, such younger fields as cultural anthropology and psychology are thriving and are taught throughout the university system.’
- ‘Broad theories like those of Volpert and Engestrom rely on insights and findings of political economy and cultural anthropology.’
- ‘In order to address them, she transcends her work as historian, marshalling arguments from psychoanalysis, sociology and cultural anthropology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.