One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of anthropology concerned with the study of human societies and cultures and their development.‘he studied cultural anthropology at Cornell’
- ‘She received a PhD. in anthropology from Columbia University, where she was trained by Franz Boas, a pioneer in cultural anthropology.’
- ‘Broad theories like those of Volpert and Engestrom rely on insights and findings of political economy and cultural anthropology.’
- ‘Homer is a big subject, and Schmidt devotes three chapters to biographical speculation, literary analysis and cultural anthropology.’
- ‘Taking a biosocial perspective on human reproduction, we examine contributions from biological and cultural anthropology concerning men's reproductive health.’
- ‘Interdisciplinary study and split majors are offered in world dance and music, cultural anthropology, cross-cultural study and art therapies.’
- ‘Today, such younger fields as cultural anthropology and psychology are thriving and are taught throughout the university system.’
- ‘For more than half a century now, Wallace's work in the fields of cultural anthropology and American history has been influential for many scholars.’
- ‘The author stresses that he derived his approach from three different fields of study: cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology and popular music studies.’
- ‘In order to address them, she transcends her work as historian, marshalling arguments from psychoanalysis, sociology and cultural anthropology.’
- ‘Yet the ethnographisation of anthropology and the dominance of a relativised cultural anthropology have moved the subject away from dealing with such issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.