One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The major debate is whether these were utilized only by some marginal ‘sect’ who collected the Dead Sea Scrolls, or whether they were actually used by the priesthood in the Second Temple as the cultic calendar for some period.’
- ‘This cultic resonance is recognized by his followers.’
- ‘But it is revealing that such pagan theological speculation was confined to philosophy, and the traditional cultic systems carried on for centuries irrespective of these philosophical discussions.’
- ‘The mythical gods gave imaginative expression to human needs, fears and desires, and cultic practices bound communities together.’
- ‘Much pre-Christian paganism, in fact, had not even advanced to the point where cultic ritual was combined with an interest in ethical or philosophical questions of goodness and right and truth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.