One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female writer, musician, artist, or other public figure who is greatly admired by a relatively small audience or is influential despite limited commercial success.‘she can still generate the kind of energy that made her a cult heroine over 17 years ago’
- ‘Kahlo's popularized trauma, often a sideshow to her art, has solidified her as a cult heroine in a recent Hollywood motion picture.’
- ‘With her complicated past, her high-school principal's air, and her unsympathetic voice, she is an unlikely cult heroine.’
- ‘In August, Southbank Centre becomes a space where the underground scenes of New York, London and Berlin meet, offering the chance to encounter visionaries, pioneers, thinkers and cult heroines and heroes.’
- ‘She has become a cult heroine of millions of young women.’
- ‘Its first film was the stirring biopic of one of Spain's cult heroines from the Napoleonic wars of independence.’
- ‘She battled successfully against the Goliath of corporate rock to emerge as one of the most influential and inspirational cult heroines of the 1990s.’
- ‘She has achieved cult heroine status among radical students.’
- ‘She was one of two singer-guitarists in the influential feminist punk trio Sleater-Kinney – beloved cult heroines for a generation of indie-rock rebels and riot grrrls.’
- ‘She is hailed as one of the greatest cult heroines in rock music despite having released very few of her own recordings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.