Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Something, typically a film or book, that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.‘fans of this cult classic will be thrilled to see it in its original widescreen version’‘his legacy is a spoof documentary which became a cult classic’
- ‘A tighter, more logical screenplay would have turned this into a cult classic.’
- ‘Not easily categorized, that record has become something of a cult classic.’
- ‘Did you initially have any misgivings about remaking a movie that's considered a cult classic?’
- ‘The album soon became a cult classic.’
- ‘The weekend will feature an impressive selection of sci-fi and horror films as well as other cult classics.’
- ‘Notorious at the time for its high level of gore, the film was also distinguished by a keen sense of social satire and political commentary which quickly assured its status of a cult classic.’
- ‘The cult classic musical Little Shop of Horrors will bring some gleefully gruesome cheer over Christmas.’
- ‘I'm always looking out for films that were undiscovered or unappreciated during their initial release, which I think is what really defines a cult classic.’
- ‘Arriving in theaters with little fanfare, The Wicker Man has since become something of a cult classic.’
- ‘The BBC's involvement with the cult classic began in 1978 with the original Radio 4 series, which led to the best selling novels.’
- ‘It was a cult classic movie that came out in the mid-1980 s when I was in college.’
- ‘The whole farrago is so sublimely bad that it might become a cult classic.’
- ‘An unexpected box office success in 1971, Vanishing Point has become a beloved cult classic in the eyes of its admirers.’
- ‘The choir from St Winifred's School, all now in their 30s, gathered at the Lowry Centre in Salford Quays to sing the cult classic for one last time.’
- ‘Among fans in the know, this film has achieved cult classic status, and I understand why.’
- ‘The first RoboCop movie was awesome and is no doubt a cult classic.’
- ‘The work became a cult classic in the US during the Vietnam war, and has created a whole sub-genre of imitations.’
- ‘If you love horrors you'll love this remake of the 1979 cult classic.’
- ‘If anyone considering this a "cult classic" wants to explain the appeal to me, I'm more than willing to listen.’
- ‘In the years since its release it has become something of a cult classic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.