Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Responsibility for a fault or wrong; blame.‘a level of moral culpability’
guilt, blame, fault, responsibility, accountability, liability, answerabilityguiltiness, blameworthinessView synonyms
- ‘I would like to know Ed's opinion about his responsibility or culpability in all this.’
- ‘Police are investigating whether there is any criminal culpability surrounding how the indoor arena was being operated.’
- ‘Other students have been codifying laws regarding fraud, forgery and rules on criminal culpability.’
- ‘The criminal law normally reflects culpability and blameworthiness for moral wrong in a general sense.’
- ‘The section confuses issues of legal responsibility or liability and moral culpability.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.