One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We kept a half dozen eggs and a stick of butter cool along with some tomatoes and cukes in a bucket lowered on a rope into the well.’
- ‘Instead of growing squash and cukes, she cultivated things that would feed them all year - potatoes, onions, garlic, beans.’
- ‘I harvested 46 cukes from the two plants in about five weeks.’
- ‘Tomorrow, Labor Day, we harvest the last of the tomatoes and cukes and pack up for the return to Massachusetts.’
- ‘Tomatoes, eggplant, even bush varieties of cukes can be tucked into a flower garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.