Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Endearing and pleasant to cuddle.‘cuddlesome lion cubs and strokeable deer’
- ‘There are few things as consistent and cuddlesome as a beagle.’
- ‘The bulldog, although bred originally for close encounters in blood sports, was a cuddlesome, affable creature beneath the ferocity and gore.’
- ‘In the movie's most memorable scenes - like Louise and Scott's cuddlesome visit to an Italian restaurant - the actors take advantage of the room to breathe.’
- ‘Obviously here, we have a romantic, a cuddlesome creature, probably cruelly scorned, and our sympathy goes out to her.’
- ‘It would seem that, behind that sweet cuddlesome exterior, there beats the heart of a drug fiend in waiting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.