One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A virus disease affecting plants of the gourd family, spread by beetles and aphids and causing mottling and stunting.
- ‘They are blamed with spreading bacterial wilt and cucumber mosaic.’
- ‘Only cotton, delayed ripening tomatoes, cucumber mosaic virus-resistant sweet peppers, and color-altered petunias were approved for production within China.’
- ‘The plants can also host crop viruses, such as cucumber mosaic virus, potato leafroll virus, potato virus Y, tomato mosaic, or the potato fungus Alternaria solani.’
- ‘Both stages can carry bacterial wilt or cucumber mosaic virus, diseases that will quickly kill the plant.’
- ‘They are vulnerable to a disease spread by aphids called cucumber mosaic virus, which can cause the plants to turn brown and die.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.