One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bird resembling a roller, with an iridescent green cap, back, wings, and tail, found only in Madagascar.
Leptosomus discolor, the only member of the family LeptosomatidaeAlso called courol
- ‘Furthermore, the ground rollers, mesites and cuckoo-rollers are all endemic families and the couas, vangas and asities are endemic subfamilies.’
- ‘Birds of Africa include the emerald cuckoo, the helmetbird, the village weaver, and the cuckoo-roller.’
- ‘There are some extraordinary ancient relict bird species on Madagascar, such as the groundrollers, cuckoo-rollers, and mesites.’
- ‘It is also a good place for bird watching, with Madagascar green sunbird, cuckoo-rollers, blue pigeons, couas, Madagascar falcon, vasa parrots and many others.’
- ‘Other endemics we can expect to see include: vangas, cuckoo-rollers, and Vasa parrots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.