One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lorry or van with a large rectangular rear compartment for cargo.‘a cube van full of bikes arrived’‘our friends arrived with their cube van to help us move’
- ‘We'll haul his inflatable and outboard motor the same day in a rented pickup or cube van.’
- ‘The bins were loaded onto a rented cube van, a minivan and a camping trailer, then taken to be stored in donated shipping containers.’
- ‘By February 15 the plaintiffs had money for the services of two men with a cube van.’
- ‘The machine slammed into a cube van, tipping it over and causing a fuel spill.’
- ‘He had arrived at the business premises at various time in different minivans, a cube van and a Jeep Cherokee.’
- ‘The arresting officer took the appellant to a mobile police cube van for breath tests.’
- ‘The trucks in question range from pickups to moving companies' cube vans; there are no 18-wheelers yet.’
- ‘It took 20 officers more than 30 hours to cart everything away in four five-tonne cube vans.’
- ‘At the time of the crash, a southbound cube van was turning into the mall entrance.’
- ‘Police are continuing their investigation into a head-on collision between a cube van and a TTC bus on Steeles Avenue that killed one person and sent 12 others to the hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.