Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large office divided into cubicles for individual workers.
- ‘If you'd told me, ten years ago, that I'd be in a cube farm, working away and looking at sea monkeys, I would have probably commented positively on the sea monkeys, having always admired and appreciated the ads for them.’
- ‘It's time to use those gag lines that have been clogging up your email inbox - but only if they they're guaranteed to produce a hearty laugh or make you a big hit at your cube farm.’
- ‘When the all-clear's given, I find the smoke detectors were set off by a small upset with one of the laser printers in the cube farm outside mission control.’
- ‘I'm allergic to cube farms, but my doctor said a corner office would be okay.’
- ‘‘Uh… Over there,’ he says, pointing into a small cube farm separate from the rest of the floor.’
- ‘All of the Yoshida Group enterprises operate out of a bright, low-slung postindustrial cube farm in Gresham, east of Portland.’
- ‘The office of the future, according to trendsetting designers, will replace cube farms with a mix of open and closed spaces - large, sunny ‘plantscaped’ utopian-sounding ‘idea centers.’’
- ‘I toil in a cube farm, tending to several Web sites.’
- ‘The stark minimalism inside Dell's corporate headquarters in Round Rock, Texas, is striking: acres of bland cube farms, with nary a piece of artwork in sight.’
- ‘It's pretty much considered rude to drive on the wrong side, and that kind of translates to sidewalks, malls, and cube farms.’
- ‘Prairie dogging is when someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see that's going on.’
- ‘The building is decorated in modern cube farm style and must be 100 floors tall.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.