One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for cumulonimbus
- ‘In the early afternoon the cu-nims developed, but there was no rain here, just off to our east and north.’
- ‘Unfortunately there was the active edge of a cu-nim over it at the time.’
- ‘It can lead to overall stability of the air mass or the development of cu-nims that dump lots of cool air down on unsuspecting pilots.’
- ‘The Alps were closed with cumulus and cu-nims but in Aosta a small part of the sky was free.’
- ‘The weather looked fine on take-off, yet twenty minutes later a huge cu-nim had settled over the field and was showing no signs of moving on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.