One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science concerned with the structure and properties of crystals.
- ‘Electron crystallography has been widely applied to determine the structures of biological macromolecules.’
- ‘In her lifetime she would go on to be one of the most influential figures in establishing the science of crystallography.’
- ‘She threw herself into science - physics, chemistry and crystallography.’
- ‘In crystallography and other fields of research, the structure factor is often computed by x-ray diffraction to characterize the microstructure of small molecules.’
- ‘His interests were always wide and this is reflected in the range of courses that he was teaching around this time: descriptive geometry, crystallography, optics, mechanics and machine design.’
- ‘The quality of the computed structures has been evaluated by several techniques borrowed from crystallography.’
- ‘Its discovery opened a new branch in crystallography.’
- ‘His other contributions to astronomy, botany, crystallography, electrochemistry, optics and physiology are also substantial.’
- ‘For such a comparison to be completed, the availability of the atomic structure from x-ray crystallography and/or from NMR spectroscopy is very helpful.’
- ‘The AFM topography shows excellent agreement to structural data from x-ray crystallography.’
- ‘X-ray crystallography and NMR can measure static structure or at most temperature factors but provide no information about modes, and therefore dynamics and function.’
- ‘Protein crystallography reveals that the fundamental unit of protein structure is the domain.’
- ‘Her crystallography was crucial to the subsequent elucidation of DNA structure and replication.’
- ‘Enantiomorphism is a term used in crystallography to denote the relationship between two molecules or other forms that mirror each other across a single axis.’
- ‘Protein crystallography provides the structure of a protein, averaged over all elementary cells during data collection time.’
- ‘Unfortunately, we could not solve its structure by x-ray crystallography as crystallization trials have failed so far.’
- ‘The light-induced structural changes of photointermediates trapped at low temperature have been explored by x-ray crystallography and by electron microscopy.’
- ‘Secondary structure was assigned according to known crystallography structures and is shown at the bottom.’
- ‘Do you want to see exhibits about rocks and petrology, fossils, the geological history of Earth, how minerals form, crystallography, or properties and uses of minerals?’
- ‘The most basic means of resolving a protein structure are through experimental observations, such as x-ray crystallography and certain forms of NMR spectroscopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.