One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is pale pink and has physical, optical, and crystallographic properties similar to those of the other monoclinic members of the amphibole group.’
- ‘However, both x-ray crystallographic and NMR observations report the existence of only the 3'-stacked conformation.’
- ‘These are tabular zones whose crystallographic orientation differs from that in the adjoining parts of the crystal.’
- ‘They usually involve three numbers or, in the case of hexagonal and rhombohedral symmetries, four numbers, one for each crystallographic axis.’
- ‘These are called space groups, crystallographic space groups, or Shoenflies groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.