Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of crystal faces defined according to their relationship to the crystal axes.
- ‘The external crystal form is controlled by the internal structure.’
- ‘The spangolite, as found in these slags, is unique and interesting for its crystal form.’
- ‘Rarely, analcime crystals with distorted crystal form have been found.’
- ‘In both cases, the crystal form of the original mineral is retained.’
- ‘These crystals are similar to the antlerite crystals, which are a brighter transparent green and have a different crystal form.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.