Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of crystal faces defined according to their relationship to the crystal axes.
- ‘In both cases, the crystal form of the original mineral is retained.’
- ‘The spangolite, as found in these slags, is unique and interesting for its crystal form.’
- ‘Rarely, analcime crystals with distorted crystal form have been found.’
- ‘The external crystal form is controlled by the internal structure.’
- ‘These crystals are similar to the antlerite crystals, which are a brighter transparent green and have a different crystal form.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.