One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of three axes used to define the edges of the unit cell of a crystal.
- ‘Ancient stonecutters could thus cleave it perpendicular to the crystal axis to produce hexagonal prisms of any desired length.’
- ‘Some measurements are taken at different points along the crystal axis and in different conditions.’
- ‘Coupling lenses with transverse crystal axes staggered by 60°, and coupling lenses with their transverse axes staggered by 90°, give similar reductions.’
- ‘Compensation requires a preselected crystal axis for each lens element.’
- ‘When researchers chilled them and applied the right field strength, the electrons consistently chose one direction (with respect to the crystal axes) in which to dramatically maximize their conductivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.